Making Cents on MetroFM – 2021.08.31
Mary J was invited by SPHEctacula and DJ Naves to share her views on the topic of Financial Hoarding as a result of attention recently being given to hoarding as an emotional disorder which has raised the question of whether there is any significant difference between saving money and hoarding money.
Depending on the reason for that accumulation, the activity may be considered responsible and productive, or be extremely detrimental to the well-being of the individual or family involved.
Questions explored included:
- What is the difference between saving and hoarding money?
- Can hoarding be mistaken for being frugal?
- With most of the population struggling to make money right now, is money hoarding such a bad thing?
- Can hoarding money affect your quality of Life?
- What practical steps can help to maintain a good spend / save balance.